I am officially done with NaNo. I end tonight (mostly from exhaustion and not lack of inspiration) with 50,063.
This is my 4th attempt at NaNo and my first win. I’m so proud of myself right now. I didn’t give up and kept up even when I got majorly behind. I learned a lot of lessons, too, and I think I might be ready to write an original piece next year. As in: not a fan fiction. I had fun writing it but I have that pesky story of my own I want to tell that I just can’t seem to get out. I think by next November I’ll be ready to write it.
Ha, NaNo’s not even officially over yet and I’m already planning for next year.
Not only did I finish tonight but I finished against great odds.
Here’s a list of what I put up with today:
- four insanely loud children that refuse to let me sleep in on the weekends
- 1 very sick 2yo who was running a 102 fever most of the day
- 1 6yo that couldn’t stop coughing who I was ready to strangle…or send to her room (which ever one doesn’t get me thrown in jail)
- 1 8yo that refuses to do her science report that is do in 3 days because she doesn’t want to do the oral report (sorry but I don’t think you’re teacher will care)
- 1 7yo that needed to run off some energy but instead jumped around the house most of the day driving everyone insane
- a huge mess still left from Thanksgiving that looks like no one else is even going to attmept to clean up (even though I did all the cooking)
- my son (the 7yo) tripped and slammed head first into our stairs (so far no signs of a concussion but he scared the bajeezers out of me.)
- and my hard drive crashed so that I had to restore it to the pristine factory settings. I’ve spent the better portion of the day reinstalling programs and photos only to find out I never backed up my son’s kindergarten graduation pictures (must have missed them).
I’m surprised I just didn’t slit my wrists…(that’s a joke). I was so depressed earlier and I didn’t want to end up back in that dark abyss so this win really came at a good time.