recipe: desperate times rice wrap
That’s what I’m calling dinner tonight.
We’re basically out of food here. Haven’t had a time to go shopping and not much money. I picked up some stuff to make burgers on Tuesday but I expected to go shopping yesterday. But never did (tomorrow, most likely).
So I had to make dinner tonight and the cupboards are bare, the freezer nearly empty and only condiments and some random things in the fridge.
This is what I came up with:
Desperate Times Rice Wraps
1 large box chicken flavored Rice-a-roni
1 can black beans
1/2 bag frozen corn
1/4 cup chopped onion
chopped green onion
shredded taco cheese
1. cook rice according to box, add chopped onion before covering
2. cook corn in microwave (I did mine 6 minutes)
3. drain black beans and add to corn, microwave for 2 minutes
4. when rice is done, add corn and beans, stir
5. warm tortilla shells
6. add rice mixture to shell, sprinkle with green onion, tomatoes and cheese
wrap and enjoy.
The kids actually liked it, even Meagan (and she’s freaking picky). Would have been better with some chicken in it but we had no meat in the house (well, 1/2 pound of hamburger but that didn’t sound right with chicken rice).