Camp NaNo – Day 6
Previous totals: 246 sentences; 4,059 words
- Goal: 117 sentences (approximately 1,755 words)
- Actual: 92 sentences; 1,264 words
- Written: 40 [new] sentences for Day 57 (Feb 26), 53 sentences for Day 58 (Feb 27)
- Notes: A lot of what I wrote for Day 6 was a rewrite of the sentences for February 26 (which I actually wrote on April 4). Although it goes against the spirit of my project, I was having trouble moving past that scene because I didn’t like the way it was turning out. I figured rewriting was the best way to get back on track, and it seemed to help. Now I just have to organize things because there are bits and pieces all over the place.
- Total sentences for the month: 338 of 2,252 (15%)
- Total words for the month: 5,323 (including rewrites)
- Actual “days” finished: 6 of 67 (9%)
At This Rate You Will Finish: May 17, 2019
Six Sentence Sample
No, nothing like von Pinn–she actually cared. He didn’t voice that thought, instead reaching across the table for Anevka’s wine; she didn’t stop him, only signaled a waiter for another glass.
After that, things calmed down some as Seffie launched into a one-sided conversation none of them paid any attention to.
Across from him, Gil picked at his quail, took a small bite then dropped his fork onto the plate with a look of disgust.
“You don’t like fish and you don’t like quail,” Tarvek said. “Is there anything you do eat?”