So Camp is finally over. I didn’t win. I didn’t really think I would, but I’m satisfied with how much I did get done although I probably could have gotten more if I’d put a little more effort in. Or played a lot less Sims.
But every NaNo event teaches me new things about writing and my limits. I’m currently learning to live with this chronic fatigue that eats all the energy I have physically and mentally. I can no longer expect 5k days and 50k months. I just can’t do it. My best day for April was the 27th when I wrote over 2,500 for the story. I did nearly 3k total for the 12th but half of that was rambling blog posts.
The worst part of the whole thing is I didn’t quite catch up with my sentences. I’m still six days behind so I can’t really let up yet. I’m so close I can taste it, though.
- Goal: 380 sentences (approximately 5,700 words)
- Actual: 37 sentences; 589 words
- Written: 29 for Day 114 (Apr 24), 8 for Day 115 (Apr 25)
- Notes: Not much got done because my sixteen-year-old daughter convinced me to play Pandemic Legacy with her on our new dining room table. Board games are even worse than the Sims as distractions, but better because it’s spending time with the kids, I guess?
- Total sentences for the month: 1,953 of 2,252 (87%)
- Total words for the month: 29,659 (including rewrites)
- Actual “days” finished: 62 of 67 (93%)
At This Rate You Will Finish: May 6, 2019
Six Sentence Sample
With a laugh, Gil patted Tarvek’s cheek as he headed towards the door. “I beat you oncce already.” Tarvek shoved him hard in the back, but Gil was expecting it, easily hopping with the momentum and staying on his feet. “See you in the morning, Sturmvoraus–I have a party to get back to that I was very much invited to.”
He waggled his fingers over his shoulder and slammed the oor seconds before something hit it with a dull thwump then fell to the floor.
“You owe me new trousers,” Tarvek shouted from the closed lab.
Previous posts: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20
| 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 |
More info about my Camp NaNo project here.
To catch up on “Uncalled For Actions”, a Girl Genius fanfic told in sentences, start with Part 1.