Last week, I had some blood work done. I got the results yesterday. They’re a doozy.
I’m severely anemic. Which I knew. I’ve been dealing with anemia since high school. It’s really bad, though. Normal range is 37 – 145. Mine is 21.
Signs of anemia according to WebMD:
- fatigue/loss of energy – check
- rapid heart beat – check
- headaches – check
- difficulty concentrating – double check
- pale skin – I guess I’m pretty pale
- leg cramps – occasionally
- insomnia – all the checks in the world
- pica (in my case the insatiable urge to chew ice)
- upward curvature of nails – thankfully don’t have that because it sounds weird
- soreness of mouth/cracks at corners – I thought my lips were just overly dry and causing the cracking
So, um, yeah. That basically describes me in detail.